Tracking courses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Fallow Way said:
Exactly, that is why I have been booked on that course for a while now as I love tracking and wish to see more poeple employ it and want to know the correct way in being able to use it for SAR.

Get any of my emails in the last month or so?

I have heard nothing but praise for Max and Shadowhawk - unfortunately as they are some distance away from me I wanted to do the back-to-back course, which seemed to make more sense than two weekend trips. When I checked there is no longer any mention of future back-to-back courses on their website.
I e-mailed about a month ago but had no response. :(

In the end Leon-1's suggestion made sense, so I have gone with Bushcraft Expeditions - Woody / Lawrence :D

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
One other option for anyone looking at courses - it would be remiss of me not to mention Woodlore's Woodsense tracking course.

Of course you may have to wait a while to get on to it. :rolleyes:

I've just got back from a tracking course this weekend with Shadowhawk via UKLSI - was very impressed indeed with Max's knowledge, teaching style and endless patience to assist those like me who struggled at first. From my limited experience of tracking its a very different to my more familiar search techniques but compliments it perfectly. I hope to be able to attend more courses soon and will continue to practice with the team.

I have no reason to believe you'd be disapointed by one of Shadowhawks course.

Fallow Way said:
WOW, i was also on this course!!! Did you happen to notice a extremely handsome Search Technician there? :)

Just for everyone`s information, I`m writing a review of this course for BCUK.

No, I didn't was too busy watching the ground tracking rather than admiring the view.... maybe thays why I kept walking into trees. Dammit.

Dec 12, 2005
Crawley
www.pyrodisiacs.com
I was also on the recent SAR Tracking course run by Shadowhawk for uklsi.

I have not attended any other tracking courses so I cannot draw any direct comparisons, but I would like to say that Max has a real passion for tracking and this was passed onto all on the course allong with the skill's and techniques required to start tracking.

During our long weekend together Max and his instructors managed to get the 12 Search Technicians on the course to integrate tracking into our search techniques with outstanding results, even during the night excercise.

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
Marts said:
I have heard nothing but praise for Max and Shadowhawk - unfortunately as they are some distance away from me I wanted to do the back-to-back course, which seemed to make more sense than two weekend trips. When I checked there is no longer any mention of future back-to-back courses on their website.
I e-mailed about a month ago but had no response. :(

In the end Leon-1's suggestion made sense, so I have gone with Bushcraft Expeditions - Woody / Lawrence :D
Course dates for 2006 will be up on the website in the next week or so, sorry everyone has had trouble getting through! Feel free to PM me in the meantime as I have the dates.

Fluxus

Forager
Jan 23, 2004
heaven
Rhoda,
I notice on the website that max is the Author of a book called Animal Tracks ID - no sign of it anywhere though. Is it forthcoming soon ?

cheers
Flux

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE