Totally weird request for a firemaking demonstrator

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have a plea from Dharma.

Denise is organising the first Fleet Fairy Festival at Cream of Galloway on the 24th of April and she needs someone to come and demonstrate making fire from natural resources.

The site is woodland and anything vaguely tunic and trews would be more than suitable, leather belts and pouches, etc., we have.
If you can do warlock costume, or green man, or something else kind of mythical, go for it :cool:

I know I get into some strange outfits for heritage work, but this one takes the biscuit, I'm a green fairy, complete with an ivy wreath in my hair :lmao:

No money for any of us for this one, it's a freebe for a friend.

The company ought to be good, you'll get karma points and it's always a good thing to have folks like us owe you favours :D

cheers,
Mary

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
I'd love to do it, but alas my green man costume is in the dry cleaner!

:D

Would't mind seeing some pictures of the event though, especially if you're gonna be dressed up as Julian Clary!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I just wisnae quick enough to say I was busy that weekend :eek:
I don't mind doing craft stuff with kids, I have no issues working with the public, I can blether to anyone. Costumes I can take or leave tbh, prefer my tousers and a baggy tshirt, but this one......:sigh: .........I'm gonna look like a green sugar plum :eek: :eek: with hiking boots :rolleyes:

Thing is that the kids don't come on their own, so Dharma's trying to have somethings that'll interest the mums and dads too. Thus the firemaking.

Photos???...........of me :eek: ........there's a dire thought :D

cheers,
Mary

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Oh, the photographs are essential. :)

You can't come on here and whet our appetite then let us down, can you?:D

Sounds like fun, if a little weird.:eek:

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
I know I get into some strange outfits for heritage work, but this one takes the biscuit, I'm a green fairy, complete with an ivy wreath in my hair :lmao:

Surely Earth Goddess would be more appropriate???:)

and I'm with the rest, photo's are an absolute neccessity:lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:eek: :rolleyes:

There will be no photos.......I hate being photo'd........you can have some of Dharma and Trisha and Fiona though :D

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:rolleyes:

See the things you can find out on a bushcraft forum ???? :D

Okay, I dyed a pale cream, handkerchief hemmed. skirt and blouse, a nice woodlandy green colour. It was the best I could come up with without ending up wearing tulle........I didn't even wear that to my wedding ! :D

cheers,
M

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

Last edited:

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Mary if you still have that costume I'm looking for something to sit on top of the tree this year cos I broke the star ...... any chance of you .... if your free that is ?? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
John the size of tree you'd need to support me would give you a hernia :D :lol:

Send me a pm with your email address, I've got some appropriate funnies :approve: Not suitable for a family safe site though.

cheers,
M

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Mary you should pm colin [coln18] he should be up for that ,cos he is allways jumping about like a big fairy rubbing sticks together calling it bushcraft skills ,personally i dont get it but he seems to be happy !!!!!

Jason

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Another hernia it's a bit like the guy who came to my door the other night.......my son answered it and came in saying "there's a fella at the door with a baldy heed" so I replied "tell him no thanks I've already got one"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE