Totally Off Topic, but you lot know so much good info.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
With tiles that thin and flexible I would not recommend the "dot and dab" method of applying adhesive,

I think you will need a full coverage type adhesive, not those recommended above......let us have another look around for you.

gobfish1

May 3, 2009
mancherster uk
[h=1]Contact Adhesive [/h]contact adhesive is what it says, sticks on contact , also its solvent based , and its hard to work with ie one go its stays where you put it , hard to clean up to,
Panel Adhesive solvent free , 2 quid a tube will do you ,

no solvents / weld ,

no expanding form type sticky stuff as it will move and your tiles will be out of line ,

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Panel adhesive ….that's the stuff we used originally…Soudall or sommat like it. I thought it said that one side had to be porous though ? and I have two layers of plastic.
£2 a tube sounds brilliant though :D I know I paid a lot more than that for the first stuff.

M

gobfish1

May 3, 2009
mancherster uk
Panel adhesive ….that's the stuff we used originally…Soudall or sommat like it. I thought it said that one side had to be porous though ? and I have two layers of plastic.
£2 a tube sounds brilliant though :D I know I paid a lot more than that for the first stuff.

M

scuff up the face of the old tile to give a key dont take much to dry out ,

ps
try a test sample on two bits of glass , it will stick

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Mary have a nosy at topgun,dow785 or GP200, Rearo sell T-rex.
Rearo boards sell at £73 odd quid, with Grant Westfield being their main rival. Although KB sell a honeycomb plastic board that looks pretty much the same.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Are you guys sure it's ok for wet / shower room ? this was taken from the sales blurb

High strength construction adhesive. Fast curing time with powerful initial grab. Multipurpose and permanently elastic. Also suitable for joint sealing and filling.
  • For Interior & Exterior Use
  • Dry Conditions Only
  • Excellent Adhesion to Most Common Building Materials
  • Elastic Properties allow Thermal Movement in Substrates

Toddy, have a looksee at TEC 7..........http://tec7.ie/product/tec7-sealant/
Sikaflex is a make, not a product.

That's why I specifically said polyurethane glue (221 is a suitable one). The advantages over the contact adhesive are that you will have a period where you can reposition things and it will gap fill.

The glue I'm talking about is used below the waterline in boats so it is definitely waterproof!

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The backs of the 'tiled' panels are not flat, they are shaped, which makes me wonder about the use of contact adhesive. Other than that I'm going to mind that stuff Robbi, because being able to adjust it for a few moments is a brilliant thing I reckon :)

Thanks gobfish1, we're heading across to B&Q later this morning and we'll see what's there.

Thanks TigerStacker, I'll bear that in mind when we strip the whole room back to the framing, but I just cannot be bothered with a major upheaval at this time of year. I reckon that if I can get the tiles on securely then I'll be quite happy with things for the present.

M

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
A few years ago me and another bloke did a load of (think there was 40 shower rooms in total) shower rooms out with Grant Westfield multipanels. 1200x2400mm sheets that clicked together like laminate flooring at the flat joints, then there was aluminium jointing strips for the corners.
We used Evo Sticks, Sticks Like White.
89121.jpg

Bonds to porous, non porous pretty much whatever.
We stuck the panels on then braced them across the room with bits of slate battens. Looked like a giant game of Kerplunk at that point then left it overnight and in the morning we removed the slate battens and siliconed the edges up.

Made a good job of it actually, that glue is great stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE