Top tip - hook knife sheath

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've got an FGYT knife en-route (but can't open it until Christmas... bah...) and another crook knife that I forged myself. Realised that fingers cut from old leather gloves are perfect for a little blade cover. I've just bought 4 pairs of Tegera 17 gloves to replace various pairs that have worn out/let me down.

Hugo also uses a couple of cut-offs as a leather thimble for protecting his fingers whilst carving

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Another option is to paint textile work glove fingers with pva and use instead of leather ones.They grip very well , are dirt cheap or free in many cases , and are pretty waterproof too.
What's not to like?
Cheers , Simon

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I've got an FGYT knife en-route (but can't open it until Christmas... bah...) and another crook knife that I forged myself. Realised that fingers cut from old leather gloves are perfect for a little blade cover. I've just bought 4 pairs of Tegera 17 gloves to replace various pairs that have worn out/let me down.

Hugo also uses a couple of cut-offs as a leather thimble for protecting his fingers whilst carving

What I actually do is use two cut off fingers from work gloves, put one inside the other add a piece of elastic that then goes around the wrist, I use it to push a blade with my thumb whilst carving whittling, this saves me getting a thumb ache.

35mm film canister is good just cut a 10mm slit in the center of the lid my blades then can he pushed thru

impcover1.jpg

impcover2.jpg

ATB

Duncan

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
A padded envelope with a suspiciously knife shaped bulge in it arrived this morning... but addressed to my wife (and she's hidden it) :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE