Tooled leather fossil hunters journal - WIP

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Thought I'd share before I spoil it with a crap dye job.

2nd attempt at tooling
dfcb61b22337274cd27b31c9a5eda99a.jpg

Have to say I'm a bit chuffed.

M

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's an extraordinarily good job under any circumstances - but for a second go? Superb work :)

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
WOW!
that is some fine tooling my good sir. Rerally acurate. you could look at that with out any description and say,
" yep, thats a T-rex skull."

incrediable stuff.

any idea what your going to do on the dy job? would you consider a mix of cova colours for the skull? you could mix a colour similar to the natural veg tan, or slightly browner? or are you planning on going to the other end of the spectrum and go with a bright red or blue? ;)

With youtr leather work comi9ng along so well have you considered using that knotwork program to do up some intricit designs? I still love the stags head you let me use, and as its my kndle cover, its something that's used at least four times a day!

atb,

Ste

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Thanks!

Is not a T-rex bit close enough. :) I need to experiment with the dye job. A reddish Brown slightly lighter and polished on the bones would be the natural choice. Or did wonder about blacks and greys.

The knots are on my list but I do think I'd find geometric shapes a bit of a chore. Sooo much repetition.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE