Too much Pasta???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Cous cous, forgot about that.

Cheers for the suggestions I'll try and start steering the students towards some of the above ideas, quite like the idea of having my group as the best fed :p

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Grains are great generally. Quinoa (pronounced Keenwa) cooks very quickly and is one of the most nutritious grains you can buy (check out Holland and Barratt and other health food shops). Although it's not very flavourful (nothing that some herbs etc can't fix) it's great to bulk up other things. If you want to add some goodness to what you're eating, buy yourself some packs of seeds and nuts, bung them in the food processor (watch the sesame seeds because they go a bit gloopy when chopped) which reduces the volume but gives you a nutricious add in to porridge in the morning, pastas, grain dishes etc.

I love it!

:biggthump

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
you can buy pureed sesame seeds

it looks a bit like very light coloured peanut butter with a definite layer of oil on the top

spelling varies from tahina, tahini taxini

awesomely nutritious tho :asl:

Tant

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Tantalus said:
you can buy pureed sesame seeds

it looks a bit like very light coloured peanut butter with a definite layer of oil on the top

spelling varies from tahina, tahini taxini

awesomely nutritious tho :asl:

Tant

Where do you buy it Tant I've been looking for that everywhere to make Humous (sorry to stray from the thread).

Bill

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Sausage cake is a nice, low cal alternative. :wink:

sausagecake3b.jpg

Sausage Cake

Danzo

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 8, 2004
Close to Sherwood
If you don't want to make damper bread in camp you can make up the dough in advance, wrap it in clingfilm, squash it really flat for ease of packing and carrying, and then unwrap it, allow it to expand for twenty minutes and bake it in a pan or on a stone or all the rest of the usual damper options. It should last in clingfilm in UK weather for a weekend trip. Comes out like naan bread.

Danzo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE