Tom Brown Course lots of pic's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

myakka

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2004
Colorado
www.freewebs.com
I just finished up a back-to-back Tom Brown Advance Survival & Tracking/Awareness Course in New Jersey.
Here are a few photos of my experience.

My home in the bush:

Wilderness crafts:

Had to cross creek to get to grass field:

Harvesting grass to make sleeping mat:

Sleeping mat:

Firing pottery:

Getting ready to bake some fish:

A lot of tracking animals:

Me getting ready to stalk and hide in the bush:

I’m watching you:

Group photo:

madrussian

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
New Iberia, Louisiana USA
Nice pics. Looks like ya'll got the chance to learn some good skills and have a lot of fun at the same time. But that last pic, man, Tom Brown needs to teach ya'll how to make soap in the wild. :lmao: :D

RobertRogers

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 12, 2006
USA
Excellent. That looks like a great debris hut, just needs something to block the door.

What a tribe!

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Hey Myakka,

why did you go all the way up to 'Joy Zee' when Tom runs courses in Florida. Or, is it that he does'nt run all the courses in Fl.

Superb pics, you must have had an awesome time.

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Tom only offers a few courses in Florida, I took my Standard Survival class in 2005 in Florida.

Thanks for that. I get to Fl every easter but normally too much family stuff going on to consider disappearing for a few days.

Out of interest where does he run his Fl courses, I normally get over on the Gulf Coast by Hudson/New Port Richey.......I avoid Disney-ville.......for what they charge you to go in and be herded around like cattle you can have a good day out followed by a Sonny's.

myakka

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2004
Colorado
www.freewebs.com
Out of interest where does he run his Fl courses, I normally get over on the Gulf Coast by Hudson/New Port Richey.......I avoid Disney-ville.......for what they charge you to go in and be herded around like cattle you can have a good day out followed by a Sonny's.

Tom hold his classes around 200 mile south of your visit, in the Fort Myers Area, which is also located on the Gulf side.

myakka

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2004
Colorado
www.freewebs.com
Brings back memories of my back to back.

How did your fire challenge go?

Quartzite pebbles!

We broke the class ino several groups, and two groups were able to make a fire with no steel tools and all natural materials. My group was not the first one to do it, but we were the second place winners. Tom have to give both groups alittle more time to get there.

Boatswain

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2007
South London
Much kudos to whoever shaped the bottle in the pottery firing picture... looks just like a shop bought one that's been emptied

Cheers Roy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE