Today's walk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
A few pictures from Todays walk. Left the house at 8 but it wasnt too long before it started to get warm and boy did I lose a bucket of sweat!!

Pic of the rubbish by the log is particularly annoying as it's a favourite place of mine to stop for a break. Popped on gloved and spent a bit of time clearing the rubbish and depositing in a bin which was less than 50 yards away.

All told a very nice walk Today.
254974ae8f9137c038ff21884fe6f7b1.jpg
6b3e9071542d05d9cc8cbacf7106ded3.jpg
6fe1b8216f638561cfd75420ea19d1e6.jpg
ff5b3d7eafe9957dfce5f9fa998ea476.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Aren't the actions of a few terminally cretinous unbelievably annoying ? 50yds ? I hope they fell flat on their face getting back home.

Otherwise, what a lovely walk :)
It was incredibly warm today here too, it's still too warm this evening. Not looking forward to trying to sleep in it.

M

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Aren't the actions of a few terminally cretinous unbelievably annoying ? 50yds ? I hope they fell flat on their face getting back home.

Otherwise, what a lovely walk :)
It was incredibly warm today here too, it's still too warm this evening. Not looking forward to trying to sleep in it.

M
I cannot honestly remember the last time I managed a walk without picking up rubbish even in the middle of nowhere! Its saddening to be honest that people are so lazy.

The item in the pic below was on a track miles from anywhere, heaven knows how it got there but was too heavy to remove and is probably still there!!
89f1507e216bf560c76f7cfbb2816e3f.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Our side fence runs alongside a nature walk with a burn at the other side. There's no vehicular access to the burn, and it's a good quarter mile walk from the nearest road to it.
Someone lugged a Dyson hoover all the way round to dump it down the burn. Why ? what earthly reason did they have ? We have a free rubbish uplift by the council. Just phone them, put whatever you want removed out by the roadside before 7am on collection day and it's done and dusted.

I think people are stupid about rubbish, I really do.

M

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Our side fence runs alongside a nature walk with a burn at the other side. There's no vehicular access to the burn, and it's a good quarter mile walk from the nearest road to it.
Someone lugged a Dyson hoover all the way round to dump it down the burn. Why ? what earthly reason did they have ? We have a free rubbish uplift by the council. Just phone them, put whatever you want removed out by the roadside before 7am on collection day and it's done and dusted.

I think people are stupid about rubbish, I really do.

M
It beggars belief sometimes my friend it really does!

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's the phrase :)

Makes you wonder what kind of tip they live in. Do they leave their gardens like a rubbish dump too ?
The outdoors is everybody's garden, iimmc ?

M

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
well done for clearing up, it's a good habit to have for sure! I know the culprits won't thank you but here's a thanks from me.

Lovely looking river. Locally the river levels are back to what they were before the last lot of storms

Reactions: Toddy

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
well done for clearing up, it's a good habit to have for sure! I know the culprits won't thank you but here's a thanks from me.

Lovely looking river. Locally the river levels are back to what they were before the last lot of storms
Cheers mate. I have been doing it for many years and wish I didnt have to but hey at least someone does it!

This mornings walk along the river was beautiful
0188e304c70704d2907328d420d63de2.jpg
71701d4240b9a5c53acc9af187cd20ea.jpg

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
I know how you must feel.
Almost every day when the weather has been nice, I’ve had clear away pop bottles and cans and glass alcohol bottles, plus all other assorted rubbish including foil bbqs from along the brook where I walk the dog.
Teenagers gather there, get drunk, chase and throw stones at the cows and vandalise the area.

I wouldn’t lay a finger on them because of course, you can’t nowadays (and they know it)... but by god I’d love to give em good thumping!

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
I know how you must feel.
Almost every day when the weather has been nice, I’ve had clear away pop bottles and cans and glass alcohol bottles, plus all other assorted rubbish including foil bbqs from along the brook where I walk the dog.
Teenagers gather there, get drunk, chase and throw stones at the cows and vandalise the area.

I wouldn’t lay a finger on them because of course, you can’t nowadays (and they know it)... but by god I’d love to give em good thumping!
It's a constant irritation to me to be honest and yes I totally know what you mean about wanting to give them a good thump but I doubt it would deter then at all.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE