Toaster bags?

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Has anybody tried these things?
they're just a little washable bag from JML that you put say steak, burgers, cheese toasties into it then pop it in your toaster.
i'm wondering if these things would do well suspended over a camp fire? not sure about open flame however...

anybody tried them? i'm going to grab some this weekend and give em a test run.
pete

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
I've used some similar in the past. You can get all sorts of things like this now, much like non stick silicon baking sheets. I wouldn't think about putting them near the kind of heat that a open fire will be throwing out though. Are the 3M ones made of foil or something? If not they'll melt faster than a snowflake in hell.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Hi Melonfish,

I have tried the on a bakestone and they worked but f you are experimenting there are a load of good clones out there. Not sure where I got them but I would check out the pound shop at Birchwood, or home bargins, or pound world on the high street I think it must have been one of them.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
ye gods, someone else has heard of birchwood!
what on earth posessed you to head over this neck of the woods? hehe :D
aye, i'm going to give a few a test and see what happens. foil plus fire = yes anything else and i'm asking for trouble i guess heh.

Hi Melonfish,

I have tried the on a bakestone and they worked but f you are experimenting there are a load of good clones out there. Not sure where I got them but I would check out the pound shop at Birchwood, or home bargins, or pound world on the high street I think it must have been one of them.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
egads you learn sommat new every day eh?. sweet. next time there's sommat local or we're planning sommat we'll give you a shout!
hehe
yup i'll hit the old toaster bags this coming weekend and see what holds up to the cheese and ham toastie special ;)

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Spent 5 years working in birchwood myself...

Anyway, back to the original question; Aldi do them, as do instore, etc. I would have thought that if you put them in a dry skillet you would be fine on a wood fire but I wouldn't try them directly over a flame.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE