Toadstools & Mushrooms?

Mar 22, 2006
Mendip Hills
Hi All

Happy New Year!

Took these photos in December in Normandy but I need a hand to ID :)

I found the first (top left) near a beech tree on the edge of a meadow. I thought it might be a Parasol mushroom (with white gills) but no shaggy bits on top? It was quite large 15-20cm across.

The next two (top right and bottom left) were taken within a small beech wood. The final image (bottom right) was taken at the base of an oak in a more exposed position at the top of a small hill. Substrate is a sandy loam type with granite bedrock - similar to Cornwall.

Needless to say (as I'm writing this) I didn't eat any of them!! Any help with ID would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and New Year beers,

Adrian
Mush1.jpg
Mush2.jpg

Mush3.jpg
Mush4.jpg

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Top left is probably Macrolepiota fuliginosa. It grows as large as m. procera but it loses its scales.

Bottom left maybe is a russula solaris. It is diffenatly a russula but I not sure which one.

Top right is past it and cant be recogonised, and really not sure on the bottom one.

Mar 22, 2006
Mendip Hills
Thanks xylaria

cheers

xylaria said:
Top left is probably Macrolepiota fuliginosa. It grows as large as m. procera but it loses its scales.

Bottom left maybe is a russula solaris. It is diffenatly a russula but I not sure which one.

Top right is past it and cant be recogonised, and really not sure on the bottom one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE