To Swap, Book "The Wild Gourmets" for trapping or poaching books

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
I am currently having a clear out and I have 3 copies of " The wild Gourmets"! I am going to keep one for myself but would like to swap the other 2 if any one is interested.

I would like some books on trapping or poaching, the poachers hand book would be ideal!

Would also be interested in canoeing books.

The books are in as new condition, would like the same or as close as possible.

A bit of info on the book.

"Guy Grieve and Thomasina Miers are on a mission: to travel the length of Britain, subsisting off the land. They will hunt, fish, scavenge, beg, borrow and barter; they will live like paupers, but dine like kings. First of all, Guy passes on the secrets of a 'good camp', including vital skills such as erecting a wall tent, tying failsafe knots, purifying water naturally and getting a campfire going under the soggiest conditions (accompanied by diagrams to help you on your way). He then shows how to track down and prepare the finest raw ingredients: pheasants, rabbits and other feathered or furred game; crabs, seaweed and the bounty of the seashore; mackerel, trout and other watery quarry; and the best wild herbs, berries and fungi.Armed with some rudimentary kit and a great deal of ingenuity, Tommi rustles up amazing feasts, and the book is packed with over 100 delicious recipes, ranging from warm beetroot and pigeon salad to rabbit, apple and cider stew; pan-fried scallops with samphire and dandelion to mackerel ceviche; and nettle vichyssoise to chestnut and blackberry cream pot. (All of which will taste every bit as wonderful eaten at your kitchen table) Beautifully illustrated with colour photography and charming illustrations, this book, tying in with the prime-time Channel 4 television series, is destined to be the first step of your own wild food adventure.
About the Author
Thomasina Miers was winner of BBC2's Masterchef in 2005. She writes a regular recipe column in The Times and is the author of Cook. In 2005, Guy Grieve spent a year alone in the Alaskan wilderness. The result was his first book Call of the Wild. He currently lives on a Hebridean island with his wife and two sons."

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im sorry i havent anything appropriate, would you accept either both of my indian craft books in my `for sale` post or a hardback Ranulph fiennes `living dangerously?

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
Tengu

Thank you for the offer, i already have fiennes's book (very good read) and the indian craft books are not quite what i am looking for.

Good luck with the sale

Ash

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE