to all Scout leaders

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chrish

Feb 2, 2007
Glasgow
Having been throught the Scouts since a kid and with a break over the last few years, I've just got back into it (kids now in Cubs and Scouts) as a "Group Sectional Assistant" which is a full member with all the checks but non uniformed. I just help out where and when I'm needed or have the time. Great fun putting something back into Scouting and an opportunity to teach children the life skills that are missing from todays society.

As with all things the more you put in the more you get out. I've just returned from the Glasgow Area Centenary Camp at Auchingillan where there were 1500 kids from Beavers to network, great fun for all.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I'm just back from the Edinburgh area centenary bash, great fun, hundreds of screaming kids, only rained once. I'm not a scout/cub leader, just a parent helper, but giving it serious thought about helping more...

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
We've just this last weekend had our centenary camp, which - whilst wet on the Sunday - really seemed to go well (even if I nearly gave myself a heart attack getting het-up about stuff on Friday afternoon...). All the kids looked like they were enjoying themselves, and that's the main thing! Not only that, our Explorers earned some serious kudos with their helpful attitude and positive behavior... good on them!

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Good luck with helping out at scouts B.D.M. :) I've been a non-uniformed helper at my childrens scout group for the past eight years and have had as much fun as the kids :D . I've helped out with all the sections, providing transport to camp, putting tents up, catering etc and running occasional wildlife related activities such as bird-box making or plant and tree i.d.
We've also just returned from our centenary camp where there were around 400 cubs, scouts and explorers camping. Around 200 beavers came to join us for Saturday afternoon and left after the camp fire. The nights were cold and we had a sharp frost on both nights, luckily the sun shone for most of Saturday and Sunday was mostly dry. Activities ranged from bridge-building and pioneering to belly-dancing !! bushcraft activities included backwoods cooking and survival, green woodworking and fire lighting. There was also archery and air rifle shooting, and the explorers could also shoot clays.
Everyone had a great time and it was wonderful to see so many youngsters having fun with no computer games in sight, and there were no discipline problems and no litter !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE