Titanium vs Plastic Spork

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Maybe this really belongs in the edged tools thread?

I have recently forked out for a titanium light my fire spork as I figure it might eventually pay for itself in terms of the number of plastic ones broken. I have discovered however that the serrated edge on the plastic variety is a lot more efficient than the somewhat apologetic edge on the titanium version. I wonder if it is worth taking a file to, judge how do you sharpen titanium?

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
You should be able to file it if you're patient. If it is titanium, and not some alloy, it's probably approaching the hardness of glass, a lot harder than mild steel but quite a bit softer than the hardened steel that your files are made of.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've started using Guyot Microbites utensils over titanium. I like the set, maybe not a gucci looking as the grey metal, but they work very well.
You dumped the Land Rover, suitcases for kit, gas stoves, tables and chairs et al and started back packing again the Martyn;)

Take a real fork and spoon for &*(&&^%$%^ sake.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Bloody poser

I've never really cared much for what other people think about me Rik. I work hard for my money and one of the benefits is that I get to spend it on whatever I like. I like kit and buy lots of it. If you have a problem with that, you need to tell someone who cares, cos I dont. ;)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE