Titanium Ti-Lite mug & Triad XE Stove test

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Spent the week end using my Titanium Ti-Lite mug & Titanium Triad XE Stove to cook and brew up on. :D my first impresions very good I need to make the wind shield but hexi blocks work well and if you but some green gel in the meths burner with out the lid that works ok as well - but a wind shild should improve the whole thing...........More to follow

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Looking foward to the review :)
I bought a titanium spork from Outdoorcode at Loch Achray; my son said it's very conductive that it'll tranfer heat very quickly and might not be ideal for cooking with. How does that work with a titanium mug? I can't hold or drink from a normal metal mug when it's full of just boiled liquid anyway, so I bought one of the foldable plastic kuksa's that JFW recommended. While it's good, it's not very big, and I fancy being able to cook and eat from the same mug.....lightweight is *good* :D
Is there a mug/small pot from titanium out there that has some sort of cool to hold handle, that's not another seperate piece of kit to lug around?

Cheers,
Toddy

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
i've wrapped an old boot lace round the handle of my tin mug, just be sure to keep the lace wet or it'll burn. it insulates the handle a treat.

sc

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I have / had no proplems with drinking strait from the mug - but I do drink coffee very hot as the norm! Have made a wind sheild to out of some alimium fesh (car repair stuff) I have folded it over so it 3x as thick Im hoping it will ditrupt the wind just enough? Im off camping tomorrow with the family so will try and test it :rolleyes:

bogflogger

Nomad
Nov 22, 2005
london
That is definately the case, which is why Jet engine exhausts are made from Titanium.

It's only real advantage from a backpacking perspective is that it is lighter than S/Steel and tougher than Alloy.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i had a play with magikellys stove.
to be honest, i wasn't really impressed.
i wanted the meths burner for my crusader kit. it's no better than my red bull can stove.
also, don't nudge the stove when it's burning. it flares badly.
not a fan.

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
You should never try any reviews / tests when you 3 year old is with you.
Have tried to add some photos to this post if it dont work will up load to my gallary. The wind shield out of mesh worked well and the green eco gel boiled a cup of water in no time (lot time due to 3 year old). will re do the whole thing next week end with out the distractions.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE