Titanium Canteen Set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I think there was a recent thread debating the various merits of different Canteen types. This is what Lockdown has done to us.

Anyway, I see Mr Canterbury is releasing a Ti Canteen Set that maybe useful albeit expensive.

$144 MSRP.

ax1.jpg

ax2.jpg

ax3.jpg

ax4.jpg

ax5.jpg

Reactions: SCOMAN

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
I wouldn't buy this or the heavy canteen version even if it was few bucks. Aluminium bottles are as light (plastic even lighter) and titanium is useless for anything else than boiling water as it burns any food.

Much better combo to go with would be alu/plastic bottle (round or kidney shape) and matching metal cup (titanium if you wish). You can have the above set under £30.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Well, if you like aluminium and plastic....I don´t. That don´t mean I would buy that Canterbury-set.
By the way, it would have been much nicer if the other pot would have fit over the top of canteen.

Reactions: TeeDee

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I don't understand why he comes up with a competition for the Keith /HC canteen and doesn't add a bail handle to the mug.

The Russian cold war area set is obviously better constructed.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
If had to guess this is made by Keith Titanium.

Seems Keith now has a presence in France.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
If had to guess this is made by Keith Titanium.

Seems Keith now has a presence in France.
They've had a presence there for a long time and in the USA. I'm not convinced the mugs remind me of the Boundless voyage stuff

Then I seen this

Reactions: Erbswurst

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
They've had a presence there for a long time and in the USA. I'm not convinced the mugs remind me of the Boundless voyage stuff

Then I seen this

Ah could be right.

Perhaps the original manufacturer?

Reactions: Erbswurst

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Ah could be right.

Perhaps the original manufacturer?

Does anyone know if the second link supplies a reasonable quality product ? because am now tempted , but not if its a case of hit'n'miss.

I don't tend to order much stuff from China so can anyone vouch for typical product quality??

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
I like the stove more than anything, outputs good 9200 btu and 28g. Closest I’ve found in uk is Alpkits stove which is still light at 45g.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I like the stove more than anything, outputs good 9200 btu and 28g. Closest I’ve found in uk is Alpkits stove which is still light at 45g.

BRS 3000T finds sellers on Amazon and ebay, though whether they actually ship from within the UK is another matter.

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales
I had one of thosr BRS burners,don't know if it was faulty but it messed up the threads on the cannister.Mighty powerful though and light as anything.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
I had one of thosr BRS burners,don't know if it was faulty but it messed up the threads on the cannister.Mighty powerful though and light as anything.

Funny enough just was wondering if different country products would have different threads “hoped not” being sold worldwide but your experience changes things that’s the trouble not buying from in a shop. Thank you

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Some BRS stoves seem to fail, but the Alpkit version seems to work well.

That's the result of a discussion about the gas stoves in the German ultra light trekking forum.
That are two different stoves.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE