Tipi stove chimney ?

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Does anyone know where i can buy the sections of chmney for a woodburner. Im only after a 1 meter section with a heat sheild around it ?

Cheers,

Paul

Jan 28, 2009
Croydon
Hi Paul,

If you have a woodburner with a 4" top flu, you could try aluminium flexi-hose for tumbledryer venting.

You can attach to your tentipee centre pole with a couple of short lengths of chain. A large baked bean can or similar (washed and opened at both ends obviously) can act as a joining piece to connect two flexi-hoses together.

Just be careful to stop the chimeny short of the 'top hat' so that the air can cool enough to not catch fire to your tentipee, but still vents out through the top.

Hope this helps

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Hi Paul,

If you have a woodburner with a 4" top flu, you could try aluminium flexi-hose for tumbledryer venting.

You can attach to your tentipee centre pole with a couple of short lengths of chain. A large baked bean can or similar (washed and opened at both ends obviously) can act as a joining piece to connect two flexi-hoses together.

Just be careful to stop the chimeny short of the 'top hat' so that the air can cool enough to not catch fire to your tentipee, but still vents out through the top.

Hope this helps

Does the aluminium stand up to the high heat from flames and exhaust gases? I thought it melted easily.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Phone Anchor Supplies, they had a load of flue sections for puffing billies when i was there a few weeks back. They'd do the job for you and they are lightweight.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE