Tipi camping in the larch forest!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
this is a late report- we went a while ago but I've had suspected either glandular fever/noro virus or even gastroenteritis. Anyhow I've only just managed to get the photos uploaded so here it is. A lot went on in the dutch oven and around the campfire as you can see. We had out Tentipi Safir 5cp and a friend of the family had his Onyx 7. Nice fires, great company and an all round good time with plenty of eating including beef in beer, ponnased trout and bacon, egg & sausage. Didn't take the stove as it's been really warm recently but I did get a kip on my fallow deer hide and lots of other new kit got a good test out too. We practiced some rope work going down a small gorge/ with a little overhang using the rope as a harness and lowering from an anchor point- only small but good fun. Really enjoyed myself so I'll stop babbling and show you the photos!

imagejpg1_zps056c6868.jpg

imagejpg2_zps56872033.jpg

imagejpg1_zps86b5ef39.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsbffc3ed4.jpg

imagejpg2_zps63cf3884.jpg

imagejpg1_zps9dafa893.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsc5df40d5.jpg

imagejpg1_zps57eb5570.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsd7ed2805.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsb9a9ce61.jpg

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Grand looking camp, Cameron, we've had similar Spring-like weather down here as well, all shirt sleeves! You always eat very well on your trips and I love seeing the pics. :) Get well soon!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Grand looking camp, Cameron, we've had similar Spring-like weather down here as well, all shirt sleeves! You always eat very well on your trips and I love seeing the pics. :) Get well soon!

cheers Mac! And yep whenever we're taking the tipi especially there's no point skimping on the food :).

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I got norovirus on the Mors course (or likely travelling to it as it takes a day or two to surface) - no fun at all :(

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I got norovirus on the Mors course (or likely travelling to it as it takes a day or two to surface) - no fun at all :(

Yeah it's thoroughly bad crack - I've been feeling like a sack of you know what all week and it's been half term. Thankfully I've been starting to shake it off as of today so hopefully I'll be over it soon as I had it in its early stages before we left but just put it down to grogginess then we got back and all hell broke loose :(.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I also know I've got it from someone/ something not at home. Everything I've eaten at home or camping others have and haven't been ill so it's external source I've caught it from - nasty business it is too. Getting bloods done for analysis at the doctors so I should finally found out what the culprit is - though it's been playing havoc I at both ends of my spectrum for a week!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Did you get the whole world spinning thing every time you picked your head up?

When it was at its worst I did yes- In the middle of vomiting I felt pretty faint and dizzy - not far from going for a burden. I'm usually 12 stone at 5'11" and I've dropped to 11.5 stone in a week I've been in a bad state and I don't know medical but I think I've got a red meat intolerance as even before the bug came I couldn't digest steak - roast or stew is ok especially in small doses but a tiny steak makes me ill. Hopefully all will be revealed by the doctor but I hope I can finish riding it out ASAP that's one thing I am confident on.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sounds like you are doing the right thing getting it checked. It can be a lot of things. At its worst I couldn't even lift my head up without hurling. No fun - get it checked. Could be another bug, could be food intolerance. Could be migraine. But whatever - its not fun :(

As Steve says I was well poorly - had to go off to hospital then home after they shot me up with anti nausea drugs. I missed half the course dammit!

Feel better soon chap

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Sounds like you are doing the right thing getting it checked. It can be a lot of things. At its worst I couldn't even lift my head up without hurling. No fun - get it checked. Could be another bug, could be food intolerance. Could be migraine. But whatever - its not fun :(

As Steve says I was well poorly - had to go off to hospital then home after they shot me up with anti nausea drugs. I missed half the course dammit!

Feel better soon chap

Cheers Hugh and I'm glad your better too mate :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE