Tip of the day:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Don't put Cattail seeds on a radiator to dry out :rolleyes:

Came home tonight to a big ball of fluffy seeds on the floor and the cat was covered in them too.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
been there, done that, the dog thought it was a great game, it looked like it had snowed in the living room. she was not amused.

cheers

stuart

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:duh:
:D

Don't feed one into a kelly kettle either, even if it does seem a convenient shape :rolleyes:
It filled a marquee when two folks who shall remain nameless (the blackmail's good :p ) did this when brewing up behind one of the display tables. In about a minute it looked like Alaska in the middle of a Scottish summer :sigh:
Damned stuff clings to everything too.

cheers,
M

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
:duh:
:D

Don't feed one into a kelly kettle either, even if it does seem a convenient shape :rolleyes:
It filled a marquee when two folks who shall remain nameless (the blackmail's good :p ) did this when brewing up behind one of the display tables. In about a minute it looked like Alaska in the middle of a Scottish summer :sigh:
Damned stuff clings to everything too.

cheers,
M

Does this create a volcano type plume then Mary? If it does I can see this becoming a classic bushcraft prank. Imagine someone getting their cups ready for a brew, they look away from the kettle and moments later Mount Etna's going off next to them! Tee Hee!

Or maybe it's just me and the child within. :)

Al

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Don't say I didn't warn you :rolleyes: :D
It was quite impressive, it just sort of went, "Whumph!", and we were in a blizzard :eek:
The same pair managed to fire up the kettle with the bung in too :rolleyes:
It was just one of those days :sigh:

cheers,
M

colly

Forager
Apr 10, 2010
Edenbridge Kent
when staying in a holiday cottage i put my collection of fire lighting bits and bobs gathered from the local wood and field on top of a wood burning stove to encourage drying in no time at all smoke was coming from some of it and some fungus was glowing. :campfire::nono:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I never got round to it but I have a couple of hours this afternoon so watch this space :)

I think you should still try it in Richards anyway, just for a laugh

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE