Tin can Frontier Stove

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Cool idea, and I'm guessing it must be very lightweight...............That's a great concept!

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Cheers guys. Lightweight? Oh yes, I doubt I will get two years out of it. But the materials were free, and I can recycle most of them to the next generation hobo Frontier. :lmao:

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Plans plans !!!!

Plans? They were made up as I went along.:lmao:
Take one 5ltr oil can, drill 3 10mm holes in what will be the bottom, for the legs. On what will be the top mark out for the flue at the rear of the tin using a beer can. In the centre of thre marked circle, drill a 10mm hole, Then using a hacksaw blade, Dremmel or tinsnips make 6 cuts back to the marked circle. These sections can then be bent up to attach the flue. You can fix it using selt tapping screws or pop rivets. Remove the pouring spout, then mark a line across the tin 10 to 12mm above the hole. Cut across this line then all around the inner edge of the tin, try to be as neat as possible, as the piece you remove will be the door. For the legs I used 3 150mm coachbolts, with 2 nuts on each, 1 outside the tin and 1 inside. I hinged the door at the top, just so that it would stay shut. The end of the beer can makes the the cover over the spout hole so you can adjust the airflow a little. Hope this helps.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Last edited:

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
That is a cutie little stove LOL the canny kettle
I was thinking if you could get another can top with a threaded spout, cut around the whole spout, say a 4 inch square, then rivet it to the top of the stove over a predrilled hole. Then if you can find a pipe with a similar thread you could screw the flue on and off. Some vaccuum claener pipes are threaded, might be an idea. Or a taper fit?
When my indoor stove was fitted they used a black fireproof grout maybe that would work too?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE