Time for tea....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Been a nice year for nests this year.

As well as the blackbirds against the shed window and swallows in the roof of one of my barns, we now have robins in the woodshed! Cute little beggars

3654041827_79a5326bc1_o.jpg

3654839140_bc24a45a04_o.jpg

3654038569_c467b3efb9_o.jpg

Red

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:cool: :D
Thank you for posting those :) I know they're nesting in the ivy behind the huge great rose tree, but I can't get close enough without disturbing them, and I did wonder what they looked like.

cheers,
M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Great shots Red,

I had until a couple of days ago a family of them nesting in the shrubs next to my front door (hence why I've been using the patio ones for a while). The male always came in from the east side and the female from the north. Mainly trying to confuse the evil corvids I think. Unfortunaltly one chick popped out of the nest overnight a whiles back and died, and the others left the nest before fully fledging and were hiding in my door way and behind some stuff there. Tried to make the parents job easier by supplying mealworms but don't know if it worked as it has all gone quiet.
On a more sinister note I've been watching magpies getting closer to the village over the last couple of years. They seemed to have stopped at about four miles out until tonight, when I saw one within sight of the village. Don't get me wrong, corvids are wonderfull to watch, but the evil blighters will decimate our wee bird population. We have a healthy community of dippers, wrens and spuggies amongst many other SBJ's as well as a couple of kingfishers. Think I may have to get out "old faithfull" and redress the balance.:rolleyes:
Nice picsmate, keep posting.
GB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE