Time for a decision

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
Motorbike Man said:
Cheers for the info Jason, in the end, the heart one and I've gon for the Taser after finding one from an American supplier for £53 including postage. Thanks for all the input folks, it's always good to hear from people that actually use stuff

:You_Rock_

Oops sorry, Im too slow posting!

Enjoy your Traser!

Jason

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I wear mine pretty much 24x4 indoors/ourdoors/DIY/car repair and apart from the velcro strap looking a little rough it's fine. The tritium vials are ace for night time and the rotating bezel useful.

It keeps excellent time and both are nearly 24 months old and going strong.

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
PaulW said:
I've got a Hamilton W10 made in 1973 that keeps better time the my Tag :rolmao:

Another tough classic, if its that accurate I guess youve got the CWC quartz version? Ive been hoping to stumble on a Hamilton handwind G10-98 going cheap for a while now but no sign....:(

Jason

hootchi

Settler
Motorbike Man said:
Cheers for the info Jason, in the end, the heart one and I've gon for the Taser after finding one from an American supplier for £53 including postage. Thanks for all the input folks, it's always good to hear from people that actually use stuff

:You_Rock_
Well done Jon :biggthump
I'm not much better at making decisions either :eek:):

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Me I've got a cheap (£25 or so) Timex Expedition. Worn it for 2 yeats now and had no problem.

Taken plent of abuse climb in it, surf in it that rear knackers watches. I also wear it on my left hand - I'm left handed so it really does get some hammer, I destroyed expensive watches, with scratch resistant mineral glass (oh really) in less time than I've had this.

PaulW

Sep 19, 2004
Basingstoke, Hampshire
jason01 said:
Another tough classic, if its that accurate I guess youve got the CWC quartz version? Ive been hoping to stumble on a Hamilton handwind G10-98 going cheap for a while now but no sign....:(

Jason

Jason,
I don't know much about this watch all I can tell you is whats on the back. It's a hand wound with lots of numbers; 523-8290 W10-6645-99 16952/73 it has the rounded acrylic glass that a break regularly :cry:
I'll do a couple of piccies later

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
a little late now but for others out there pondering on which watch to buy, may i bring the st-mortez titan 2 to your attention.

a solid titanium case
antiglare sapphire face
luminous face (not tritium sorry)
Alarm (unusual on an analoge watch this one even has a snooze function)
a stop watch (good to one tenth of a second)
date window
kevlar watch strap

http://www.st-moritz.com/pages/titan.php

also as a note. H3, traser and luminox brands are all exactly the same and manufactured by the same company

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
FWIW - after donkeys years of wearing cheap casio digital's that were bombproof I decided to go Upmarket to a £150 Seiko quartz analogue chrono - worst money I ever spent - crap value - crown unscrewed itself and I bent the spindle without noticing when it dug in the back of my wrist. pins on the strap fell out. The pseudo bezel scratched up in no time and the sweep second hand persistently zeroed to 1 sec past 12. But at least it didn't leak.

Got a new MWC military divers for £50 off ebay and it's bombproof by comparison. Even when I planted it in the first week going A over T off the mountain bike.
300M waterproof solid steel case and crystal face. Far better value.

Only whinge is that the luminous markers are high output but not tritium. Charge them with a flashlight and they blaze like a Xmas tree, but if the watch is up your sleeve in the dark all day, it's only (& barely) legible once your eyes have adapted to pitch black.

I'll go for a new, steel cased traser type as and when I find the right bargain but for now £50 on ebay for an MWC with £150+ list price is a good deal.

Cheers

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
alick Shocking about the seiko... I have had mine years and it's been bomb proof. I abuse it to hell as well, probably more so than most people here would as I take it rock climbing all the time, it's even supported my weight while I fell out of a crack i was jamming up.

It's scratched really badly all over but I trust it more than any other watch I have owned.

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
Two plane crashes and an explosion
alick said:
FWIW - after donkeys years of wearing cheap casio digital's that were bombproof I decided to go Upmarket to a £150 Seiko quartz analogue chrono - worst money I ever spent - crap value - crown unscrewed itself and I bent the spindle without noticing when it dug in the back of my wrist. pins on the strap fell out. The pseudo bezel scratched up in no time and the sweep second hand persistently zeroed to 1 sec past 12. But at least it didn't leak.

Cheers

Sounds like you were really unlucky Alick, though to be fair, chronographs are amongst the most fragile of watches with all the holes in the case for pushers, difficult to seal and complicated movements. I have quite a few watches from Rolex right down to Timex, I also own a number of allegedly "tough" military issued watches from the last 100 years, and I can honestly say the Seiko divers are some of the toughest watches I know.

Here are some testimonials from people who have used Seiko watches in extreme environments for 10's of years, these watches have survived explosions, plain crashes, saturation diving, you name it....

Seiko abuse

http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=78440&messageid=1012611881

Two plane crashes and an explosion

Seiko dive watch frozen into a block of ice then thawed in boiling water...with pics

You must be real tough on your watches....;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE