three peaks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
Hi all
I'm considering organising a charity event in support of a charity I support I'm yet to finalise details but would appreciate support and welcome fellow hikers..
Basically the challenge involves hiking Ben Nevis, Snowdonia, and conistons Old Man in one week
All funds raised will be donated to The Safe Passage Foundation who campaign again child trafficking and child slavery in Africa
The majority of their work involves rehabilitating former child soldiers and children who have been kidnapped by and raised within cults ( the founders of safe passage were them selves kidnapped raised and trafficked by the sadistic "Family of God" cult

Glen

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Can I ask why you're not doing Scafell Pike and why you're looking at taking a week? IMHO, finishing in Scotland helps break up the journey, and by having a day off after, means a good day in the North! I organised a trip way back, used the YHA in a Glen Nevis and a relaxing day after at the Ice Factory down Glencoe way before a slower drive back south. PM me if you need any help or advice in planning mate, happy to pass on info or bounce ideas off. If you do go for a 'guide' it can get pricey. Two 'guides' might prove wise in case of any participants going slow or have an injury and need to turn back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
thanks for the advice
I chose the old man cos its the tallest peak in the lakes I could include scaffell
pike
I haven't decoded on a particular order yet
I've been organising events like this for 15 yrs
And i'm an Emergency First Aider
I've already hiked most of the lake district and wales bit Yeh two leaders is a good idea

My last charity challenge was K'jaro

Last edited:

Brynglas

I've done the three peaks South to North previously, definitely manageable in 24hrs unless you're sailing between peaks. There's much discussion currently regarding the environmental impact of the large number of three peaks challenges. If you're experienced A fantastic challenge without the logisticsl requirements is the Snowdonia 3000's. Much more difficult I think and a great achievement.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Good on you for doing this Matey :)

Only thing I'd suggest (as you say you've been doing this a while and prob don't need obvious suggestions lol) is that if you aren't doing the traditional three peaks then why not mix it right up and do Coniston's old man, Tryfen in Snowdonia and maybe Ben Macdui up in the Cairngorms :)
Just a bit different to the normal three :)

Best of luck with it and hope you raise lots of money for a great cause :)

Cheers,

Bam. :)

Last edited:

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
Of course I have experience in hiking but suggestions are most welcome
It is merely in the planning stage so there's no reason.why I couldn't mix it up
Last time we raised 50,000. Hoping to surpass this were aiming for atleast 100,000k

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
[QUOTE
I chose the old man cos its the tallest peak in the lakes[/QUOTE]

I think you will find that Scafell Pike is the tallest peak !!! or it was when I did the three peaks in 1990.

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
[QUOTE
I chose the old man cos its the tallest peak in the lakes

I think you will find that Scafell Pike is the tallest peak !!! or it was when I did the three peaks in 1990.[/QUOTE]

I think Scafell Pike has been eroded by the millions of three-peakers tramping over recently so it is considerably lower than it used to be ;)

There's much discussion currently regarding the environmental impact of the large number of three peaks challenges. If you're experienced A fantastic challenge without the logisticsl requirements is the Snowdonia 3000's. Much more difficult I think and a great achievement.
Lots of controversy regarding the vehicle pollution driving about and litter etc on the hill.
One of the more balanced articles here:https://www.thebmc.co.uk/the-three-peaks-challenge--what-do-you-think

What about the Yorkshire three peaks? A great challenge day, all on foot and a decent walk to boot.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
Ok ok I get the point
I'll have to check my maps. I thought coniston was the tallest certainly felt like it
So I just rechecked coniston is 803 m while scaffell pike is 978m. Had my numbers backwards typical

Usefull suggestions pls

As for vehicle pollution my motor is off the road (a restoration project)
And litterbugs drive me nuts. (i usually carry a bag for Any I find)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE