Thought I would share

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
I have been carrying a a certain set up as a sort of lanyard system for a while now and have found it universally compatible with many situations.
It consists of:
- One small caribeener style clip, a silva one works well, but I use one slightly larger from a keyring sunscreen bottle called "lips and face protection"
- One leather braided lace 4 strands and 1/8th wide, with a sliding button braided over the top.
- One braided figure 8 loopy thing, one inch long loop on one side and about three inches the other side.

I carry the clip and figure 8 on the back of my belt and the longer section as a necklace

You could just as easily use para cord but this little set up I find perfect and have done for the following handy day to day uses. and these are just the ones I can think of right now that I have used in the last six months:
Carrying ice cold milk - 8 and clip
Hanging coat from diagonally slung day pack - 8 and clip + prusik knot
Bondage helper, handcuffs and cord (practicing samurai restraint systems)
Holding fast water bottle in canteen - Sigg oval type, (the leather on it sucks) - figure 8
Regular bottle carrier - figure 8 and clip
Attaching bound ball to cord (google, meteor hammer, 2oz sinker)
Making handle on bruns axe - necklace
Lanyard (bout 5 ways with axe and or khukri)
Attaching leatherman necklace and clip (or even the 8 and necklace)
Keyring attachment method - 8 and clip
Makeshift hair bobble (yes I am a long haired hippy type) - necklace
Attaching camp knife to khukri sheath - figure 8
Semi successful strop for EDC knife - necklace
Carying a sheet of paper round a water bottle without leaving creases - necklace
Hanging mirror in the shower to shave with EDC blade - necklace (decent enough shave too)
Attaching light shopping bag to pack - 8 and clip

so there you go, give one a try, it takes up very little space, even just add the clip and figure 8 braid section

If your making it with paracord, I suggest stitching the ends together before whipping over it and finishing with a turks head, and theres a few tutorials for simple turks heads so go and enjoy a slightly different innovation of the simple cord.

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
I can send a picture to someone else as an email for them to upload happily enough.
I am not going to start looking around again for a picture host place, I am sick to death of being annoyed by each and every one I try.

gzornenplat

Forager
Jan 21, 2009
Surrey
I can send a picture to someone else as an email for them to upload happily enough.
I am not going to start looking around again for a picture host place, I am sick to death of being annoyed by each and every one I try.

I'll host it for you if you email it to me

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
Okay heres the link to the picture, thanks to gzornenplat.

You can see that I am not even using a turks head for the necklace, this is because it's far handier to have a removable whipping.

key-ring-gear.jpg

He also highlighted it in a washed out way, but may be better for some screens.

key-ring-gear-2.jpg

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
So you asked for the pictures, and gzornenplat. was kin enough to put them up but now you have all gone quiet...
What, did I build your expectations too much with text then let it down or what?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE