Third spoon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Just thought I'd try to show you something new I tried. This is also my first go at 'embellishments' carved into the wood. Wood is apple - a lovely wood to work with.

is.php

is.php

is.php

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
love the work only concern and i dont think it would happen is hot liquid transferring up the handle? wood looks lovely just cut some apple branches off myself due to excessive overhang was going to burn them for the smell but might just have to save some whom....

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Cheers. I haven't experimented (nor thought of) that point - but I will when I get the chance. I don't think it would be a problem - the liquid would only follow the spiral when the spoon is almost upside down. In fact it may help stop liquid running down the handle - not that I ever hold my spoons so that liquid runs down them! The channel starts from the back not the front.

Apple really is a nice wood. It's not too hard to work when seasoned and has a lovely grain. But burning it is good too!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I really like that - always nice to see something that isn't a "me too" item - shows real personality!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE