Thin buffalo top - anything from other brands too?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

davelakeland

Apr 10, 2017
Grange over Sands, Cumbria
Managed to get a Buff Teclite shirt on eBay recently for a good price ( new ones are £200+ ). It's actually damn good.
I've had a Active shirt for many years and it's been a life saver many times but saying that it can often be either to warm and occasionally not warm enough. As an example, last winter doing Fairfield horseshoe, fine on the flat, then hit the ridge and it's getting hot n sweaty but on the top in the windchill and only just warm enough.
Have to say, wore it for a week beginning of June on West coast of Scotland (says a lot about Scottish weather).
Anyway, was thinking Teclite shirt + one of the jackets or a synthetic belay jacket might be a good way to go for more versatility.
Would still want one of the pile shirts in the armoury mind.
As for other options, I had a Highlander Halo army pcs copy which was ok but just fell to bits in no time.
Snugpak do a micro pile lined jacket version of their windshirt.
Fortis do some nice looking Buffalo alternatives too.
Another option is to wear a high wicking fleece or grid fleece with a wind proof on top.

fenix

Forager
Jul 8, 2008
Kent
Arktis do UK made pertex stuff, tends to be in larger sizes. I did have a Montane extreme but didnt find it to be as good as the Arktis or Buffalo

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Have a Marmot driclime which is outstanding, matches well with a string vest type top, cant recall the name now but basically a hi tec string vest, Ulfrotte maybe ? Anyhow a terrific combo, if youre out in chilly weather.
Also works well over a normal base layer, and is quite compact compared with Buffalo etc.
And, if it matters, it looks smarter in the pub !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE