Thick Wool felt insloes.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I have some that I have made my self but wanted some nice fat ,thick ones for Febs Arctic trip.
Not far from me on Exmoor are 'The Wooly Shepherd' who do all manner of interesting things with British wool felt.
A quick phone call saw two pairs winging there way to me by return post, with a wee note in from the boss lady saying she had cut me out
Some nice fat ones, and could I let her know how I got on with them.
I know a few of us are headed to the freexer this winter so thought I would give them a shout on here.:)
No connections etc..

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Just a cautionary note on this - make sure your boots have sufficient internal "height" to cope with additional thick insoles. If your feet - and particularly toes - are cramped "vertically", it will be positively counter-productive to keeping your tootsies warm!

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
A good point Andy, one that needs repeating.
I use over sized Pac boots or Mukluks.
Anyhow, if it is cosy,thick, good quality wool felt insoles you want, check these cats out.

Best.

da C.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I hear ya Wayland!
I am going to pop over there next week, see if I can get them to make wool felt boot liners.
Would be nice to ha ve a british company producing these.

Hope you are well.

da C.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Excuse the intrusion guys.

I made some felt insole for my Canadien Mukluks today, but the instructions inside say to use a plastic liner as well....

Anyone have a pointer as to where to find out about these as a lone purchase?

Cheers
Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE