The ultimate wilderness outfit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
jamesdevine said:
No real tartan in Ireland, Saffron is the colour you want. But they are dam expensive.
James

Strange really, about 70% of dyestuffs from the British Isles will give yellow, there's no reason for plain dyed woollen cloth to be so expensive.

Cheers,
Toddy

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
I think it is becuase now days it is worn mostly buy the military. The Royal Irish Fusilaries for one and it seem to be more a dress item then a functional one.

I can were it as part of my scout uniform but navy blue and saffron just don't go in my eyes.

I have seen them for as much as £150.00 that's just over 200 euro so not somthing I'll be purchasing as part of my bushcraft kit.

James

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
jamesdevine said:
I think it is becuase now days it is worn mostly buy the military. The Royal Irish Fusilaries for one and it seem to be more a dress item then a functional one.

I can were it as part of my scout uniform but navy blue and saffron just don't go in my eyes.

I have seen them for as much as £150.00 that's just over 200 euro so not somthing I'll be purchasing as part of my bushcraft kit.

James
Is it just me or aren't they now the Royal Irish Rangers?

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
After a breif check the are infact now the Royal Irish Regiment. I am not sure if they where the traditional kilt do.

Very of topic but the Irish Rangers is name now given to the Irish armies special forces regiment (similar and trained by the SAS).

The Irish army pipe band may were the trad kilt now do I'll need to check. It's the usual source for the proper one here anyway.

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE