The Parry Blade Review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Each to his own at the end of the day. It is a buyers market and if that is the kind of blade you feel you may need then great stuff.

I personally don't subscribe to the one blade fits all philosophy and like to carry several items such as a saw, SAK and a 4" bladed knife of the usual bushy kind. I can't really see myself vanishing into miles of woodland and losing more than one of those at any one time and then ending up in a "survival" situation. Truth be told I can't really see myself getting into any survival situation where a large knife is going to be my main priority.

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Sorry, but I'm far from impressed with that. I don't think I'd come across many nails while I'm down the woods....

Nor I. But I can see where it would be useful in a survival situation; allowing you to salvage nails and boards from wreckage or old structures. That said, I agree the placement of the nail puller is at fault. It would have been better if it were a split (similar to a proper claw on a hammer) in the back of the handle at a proper right angle.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Each to his own at the end of the day. It is a buyers market and if that is the kind of blade you feel you may need then great stuff.

I personally don't subscribe to the one blade fits all philosophy and like to carry several items such as a saw, SAK and a 4" bladed knife of the usual bushy kind. I can't really see myself vanishing into miles of woodland and losing more than one of those at any one time and then ending up in a "survival" situation. Truth be told I can't really see myself getting into any survival situation where a large knife is going to be my main priority.

Truth be told, more survival situations come from auto breakdowns, aircraft emergency landings, etc. that from wandering about deep in the woods.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Truth be told, more survival situations come from auto breakdowns, aircraft emergency landings, etc. that from wandering about deep in the woods.

Well I can't by law carry a fixed blade knife in my car "just in case" although admittedly it is unlikely I will ever be searched and I can't carry a knife in my hand luggage on a plane either. If I was on an official expedition some where wild which is very hypothetical as I have no chance of that ever happening would still rather take a selection of edged tools than a single survival knife. Don't get me wrong if by chance I was in an accident and found my self unprepared and alone in the wild I would be glad to have it. It would not be my prepared choice though.

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
Whilst I like 'choppy' blades, this one ticks none of the boxes I look for in a blade. It just looks awful and that reviewer in the OP's video is cringe worthy.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Surely if most emergencies occur in or near vehicles a socket set would be the best survival tool:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE