The Long Walk, On Radio 4

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It is a fantastic story, and I would have hoped it was true, but after reading about the yetis I took it with a pinch of salt and just accepted it as it was, a very good story. I am sure that it is based on fact, maybe embellished somewhat though. Maybe he had the same agent as Andy McNabb!!!!!

I would like to see the story made into a film though, maybe without the yetis. The book "As far as my feet will carry me" was made into a film but unfortunately is only in german language. It is a shame as I finished the book just this morning and it also is a fantastic tale of survival against the odds.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I read the Long Walk a long time ago and found it quite inspirational. I have read a lot of books on wartime survivors. I hope the book wasn't a complete fabrication.

I knew a Polish veteran of a labour camp who escaped through Russia to the west on a bike. He was captured and totured more than once.

I never met a man since that had that quiet authority and iron will. it is sad that men and woman like him are passing on without their stories being told.

P

Phantom

i think its true....i mean you have people walking aroung the world nowadays

phantom

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
spamel said:
Maybe he had the same agent as Andy McNabb!!!!!.

He'd need a better pseudonym, something like 'Imveri Hardski'.

I heard the programme and the narrator seemed to (reluctantly) admit that it was probably largely fabricated; however, he at least inspired a number of people (I think there was a young french explorer?) so it wasn't all bad...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE