The Lions of Tsavo-Thousand Oaks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ronsos

Forager
Dec 10, 2004
was the big cat going to the Regan libary to get something to read perhaps'Born Free ' or the Lion king DVD?

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
It's dead. It was a tiger. We are in a brief lull between record breaking rainstorms. They found the cat in the open and shot it with little attempt to sedate or capture. Coincidentaly our news services are reporting on the influx of exotic animals and large cats being smuggled in as status pets. This is what the poor tiger was, and when it got to big somebody dumped it to die in a wet field. I can only think of Blake's poem "Tyger,Tyger burning bright..."

ronsos

Forager
Dec 10, 2004
sad really sad.I read something last year stating that there are now more tigers capitive in Texas alone than are wild in India.On a similar depressing vein .....http/news.bbc.co.uk/1hi/world/southasia 427084.stm. William Blake would have been outraged.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Terribly sad :-:)

Someone needs to be tied to a tree in the forest, see how they do being dumped in an alien environment.

Sorry, I just think that dumping animals, especially pets, is utterly dispicable.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Off topic as for Lions of Tsavo but as C_Claycomb said about abandoned pets we see them here all the time some will survive and become feral in "nature" if that is a proper term. They just form groups and run wild and are a great threat to all. The worst scene is when you come accross a "beloved" pet that was tied to a tree and went "mad" for lack of water before it expired, a sight never to behold :cry: :cry: :cry:
just a thought

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE