The 'I've found a bargain' thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
@Robbi

Reading about these on BudgetLightForum, these are probably first batch. They often have little foibles. But yours sounds a bit wonky, especially the charge port cap activation. Only way I can make that happen is by accidentally pressing the switch which is opposite.

Charges until green too.
Hmmmm.... Might have to look into the switch opposite..... D'oh

Had mine on charge over night and still flashing red, might try charging the battery separately

Did you try the triple clicks from strobe mode.?

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
I think I got one of those on our local market about twelve years ago. The material of the collar and lining look the same. Is there a detachable hood with yours?

Mine’s still going strong too and still waterproof.
Thoroughly recommended.
Yes I think it did come with a detachable hood, actually. I could have done with that as I wore this jacket out walking in the rain today.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hmmmm.... Might have to look into the switch opposite..... D'oh

Had mine on charge over night and still flashing red, might try charging the battery separately

Did you try the triple clicks from strobe mode.?
2 clicks in strobe is normal to change from strobe/beacon/SOS. 3 doesn’t do anything with mine but strobe is accessed with 3 clicks from off.

Reactions: Robbi

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
I bought me, my girlfriend and my son some of these Peter Storm mid layer fleeces from Go Outdoors last week and they're really quite nice. At £10 for adults and 2 for £12 for kids, I think they're bargain worthy.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I bought me, my girlfriend and my son some of these Peter Storm mid layer fleeces from Go Outdoors last week and they're really quite nice. At £10 for adults and 2 for £12 for kids, I think they're bargain worthy.

That is a great price for a functional piece of clothing.

Reactions: Dan00001

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Charlies garden center is selling 2L bottles of meths for £6
It's Bartoline, the good stuff
"Is that the good stuff, Miss Lullabelle, the one that you get your eyesight back after two days?" (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Charlies garden center is selling 2L bottles of meths for £6
It's Bartoline, the good stuff

Yep! Thanks YourGrace.
Been to Charlie’s Shrewsbury:

Left - can’t remember which supermarket:
£4.65 per litre.
Right Charlie’s:
£3 per litre (£5.99 / 2 litres.

IMG_6120.jpeg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE