"The Good Life Gets Better: Panning for Gold"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
I got the second book by Dorian Amos for Christmas and just finished it, anyone who read his first book 'The Good Life: Up the Yukon Without a Paddle" will likely enjoy this new installment as well. In the new book Dorian catches 'gold fever' and embarks one a new mission to find gold and stake a claim in the Yukon Wilderness. Though I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first book, i felt it was a little 'padded' with old tails of the 1898 gold rush it was still a great read. Apparently a third book is planned as well, which I for one will look forward to.

Available from amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Life-G...ef=sr_1_2/203-9974767-4837545?ie=UTF8&s=books

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Have just finished it. Another great book from Dorian. It's great to see that, after the excitement of the first book, their enthusiasm is as strong as ever even though the honeymoon period is over and they realise that life in an idle has its problems just like here (very relevent for me as we're moving to BC this year). Have already sent off for my gold shares and am waiting for baited breath for the 3rd instalment.

mick spain

Nomad
Oct 13, 2005
kent
I'm reading it now about halfway through, very good book I would love to go there Ive been to loads of countries lived in the jungle and deserts but I've always wanted to go to the Yukon, probably to old and too late now but I can still dream :eek:

RJP

Jan 22, 2004
Kent
I got this just before Xmas and read it over the festivities. Very enjoyable, although I'd agree not quite as good as the first.
RJP

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE