*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
They are yours Sir!

Please PM me your address and will get them sent out to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for this, who would have thought almost 12 years I started this thread and we are now at over 12,000 posts, goodness knows how many gifts this has provided. I’m still humbled by the generosity shown by my friends here in our bushcraft community.

I have just the item to offer, however I will leave it till tomorrow though when I can take a photo in the light before I post ;)

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Appologies, I was (naively) expecting daylight today...... but have had to resort to turning on the light in my office this morning!

Anyway my offer is a carved olivewood ladle. I bought it a few years ago in a craft sale but could never bring myself to use it, it was too nice! - It still smells georgeous and as I say has never been used. The keyboard gives a sense of scale (is just over 12" long and the bowl about 3" x 3" and 1.5" deep) and the colour is (remarkably) quite accurate.

Ladle by graham belsten, on Flickr

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Appologies, I was (naively) expecting daylight today...... but have had to resort to turning on the light in my office this morning!

Anyway my offer is a carved olivewood ladle. I bought it a few years ago in a craft sale but could never bring myself to use it, it was too nice! - It still smells georgeous and as I say has never been used. The keyboard gives a sense of scale (is just over 12" long and the bowl about 3" x 3" and 1.5" deep) and the colour is (remarkably) quite accurate.

Yes please Graham, if still available.

I'll dig something out in the next day or so.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield

We have one of these. They look gorgeous but ours leaked through the grain at the bottom of the bowl. I sealed it by rubbing thin superglue all over and any cracks had baking powder rubbed in first. Then a quick rub down with fine sandpaper.
It's just over 2 years old now and still looks as good. Even more impressive is that it has served beetroot soup once a week for that time and isn't stained purple :oops:

Reactions: gra_farmer

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Beetroot soup eh? That sounds right up my street :p wouldn’t fancy starting a quick thread with a recipe would you?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE