*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
As the water bottle and carrier have gone like hot cakes, I'd like to offer up an alternative.

I've got a Condor H20 pouch, it's a fairly ubiquitous design, with plenty of space for a swiss volcano stove or a pathfinder stove, little zippy pouch on front (fits 6 dragon fire gel blocks). The pouch also has clips for a sling and MOLLE all over it, plus a little slit in the lid for a bladder (the Kangaroo 1 litre fits in there I think). Comes in this seasons hottest colour, MTP!
20210503_1526593.jpg

Reactions: richos36 and TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
As the water bottle and carrier have gone like hot cakes, I'd like to offer up an alternative.

I've got a Condor H20 pouch, it's a fairly ubiquitous design, with plenty of space for a swiss volcano stove or a pathfinder stove, little zippy pouch on front (fits 6 dragon fire gel blocks). The pouch also has clips for a sling and MOLLE all over it, plus a little slit in the lid for a bladder (the Kangaroo 1 litre fits in there I think). Comes in this seasons hottest colour, MTP!
View attachment 66393

Yes please.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
So up for grabs.... Is another Unbreakable bow drill cord, doubled over and twisted to get maximum grip and minimal slipping, very wear resistant high quality kevlar with sown loop. About just over 1m long and about 3mm thick.

I have worn through about 70m of paracord, in the same amount of use as I have one of these, and still looks like new.

This is really a good bit of kit, and I have made over 30 of these with zero complaints on performance.

Weight rating is 200kg, before doubling over and twisting, so ~320kg as a guess now.

So advertised as a bow drill cord, but this is honestly the most useful thing I carry in the pocket, I have used it to tie an fallen exhaust up as flame/heat proof, make do lead for stray dogs, pull cord for a mower, aid with shopping bags (shoulder strap or handle wrap), and even a make do clever baby harness.

Most recently I used a 5m length to drag a chain harrow behind a tractor when the retaining bolt on the arms broke, worked perfectly.

Great bit of kit to have at hand.

03000030604145043f441cd42a90c306.jpg

Last edited:

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I must say the bow drill cord is cracking, I keep mine looped in the top pocket of my smock, it's nice a grippy for the drill.
Really glad you like it :) mine has meant that I have perfected the bow drill, and can get a ember in seconds every time.

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
On offer from me is an Opinel INOX No5. never used.
Obviously Over 18s Only for this one!

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Up for offer, a bushcraft mystery parcel. It won't disapoint.
Or
A small unbranded friction folder. Takes and holds a decent edge.

Don't seem to be able to upload a photo from my laptop

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE