The brightest headlamp in the world (Silva L1)

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Hello All.

For your consideration, a Silva L1 headlamp. This was billed as the brightest headlamp you can buy and it can certainly light up a hillside if required, however it does have lower brightness settings for general camp activities.

No doubt something bigger and brighter has come along since this was launched, but for size and weight I think this one will be hard to beat.

High performance 3-watt white Luxeon LED
Light range up to 63 metres.
Discharge time up to 200 hours
Low weight - 226g including batt
Uses 4 x AA (not included)

Condition, in excellent condition, however one of the battery pods shows some very slight damage from a leaky battery, there are no electronics in there and I have cleaned up the contacts and it has worked fine ever since.

These used to sell for around £75 plus any postage charges, I will sell this here for £25 to someone who will pay by bank transfer. Delivery to the UK mainland Is included (sorry I will not post it to a non UK address).

PA010003.JPG

PA010001.JPG

P1200001.JPG

Battery pod showing battery leak damage.

PA010004.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
It has been mentioned that there are only slots for two batteries in the picture above, that is because only one battery compartment is pictured, you can see the two compartments, both containing two cells on the left of the middle picture above.

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE