The Adventures of Twodogs' Hat

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Some time ago I bought a Tilley hat from Twodogs OTP. I was pleased with it because it was a fair price and, though clearly far from new, it already had bags of character. It has since been a good companion in the UK, France, Spain and a few other bits of Europe and has become one of my two favourite hats.

When recently reading a trip report by Twodogs about a trip to Norway, I was amused to see him wearing the hat in question and began to see something of how it had acquired its character. Clearly I'd bought a hat with a "history". If you read this Twodogs, do you remember the hat and anything about it? Did you buy it from new or had it already had those odd stains when you got it?

It got me wondering if anyone else has a piece of kit with a history. After all, plenty of kit changes hands on this site and elsewhere. Does anyone have a tale to tell about kit they have acquired or passed on? Is there a piece of kit still in use that has outlived its original owner? Are you using anything passed down through the family? Have you a favourite item that you will pass on to a descendant?

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Please show us the hat in question Oldtimer, good thread it has set me thinking

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
reminds me of a story i read somewhere about a student who stole a garden gnome and took it around the world with him, sending pictures and postcards 'home' and when he got back he just put the gnome back where he got it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE