The 5 book challenge...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
There's plenty of threads about which 5, 10 or 15 pieces of equipment you'd choose to take on a trip. I'd be interested to hear which 5 books you would choose to prepare yourself for one of the aforementioned challenges?
Perhaps for the more difficult 5 item challenge we should allow 10 books.

I don't have many books on bushcraft but can recommend Mors Kochanski's book 'Bushcraft'.

I'm about to start a 2 year sabatical so I look forward to your suggestions as I will have a lot of free time to fill!:dancer:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
"Wildwood Wisdom" by Ellsworth Jaeger. Originally published in 1945. The bigger challenge will be to actually learn and remeber all 474 pages of bushcraft.

Brynglas

I'm not sure if I'd take many bushcraft books but for 5 must read books I'd have the following:
The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist by Robert Trussell
Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Persig
“The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands, and then work outward from there.” 
Anything by Alexander Dumas, but my favourite is The Black Tulip.
Mushrooms by Roger Philips
The Colour of Magic by Terry Patches.

This would be give me plenty of reflective reading and a bit of practical mushroom advice!

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
My 5 would be...
.Outdoor and survival handbook by ray mears
.bushcraft by mores kochanski
.sas survival by John lofty
.essential bushcraft by ray mears
.when all hell breaks loose by cody lundin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE