That's not a knife...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
If you're gonna use it, then grind it off - it's not needed and gets in the way for a lot of the carving.

If you're gonna keep it as a collectable/want to sell it later, then don't!

B

Bex

Funnily enough, David Steele's own version of the Mamba didnt have the top guard. You can see it in the Mamba section on http://www.blackjackknives.us/ . With or without-its a personal choice.

As for collectability and value, remember that the vast majority of knives do not significantly increase in value over time, especially when you take inflation into account. Read Bernard Levine's comments in the 4th edition of his guide.

TAHAWK

Nomad
Jan 9, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
BION, the notches in the guard allow use of the guard as a can-opener. I've tied it (gently!!!) It works.

Not much of an argument for the guard however. (Battle aliens and open cans of beans? [Not beer. It comes with pop-tops.]) I prefer guards small and on the edge side only, as with most Bark River knives.

(I bought mine because it was US $185 delivered from a forumite. :yikes: )

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE