Tesco compass watch

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Picked one of these up in Tesco for £16 the other day.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-1257.aspx

The design is slightly different on the case, but the electronics look the same as in the photo.

Only had it 3 days, but seems fine for the money. I've tested the compass at several locations and it always picks the correct heading.

Also includes a thermometer, alarm, stopwatch and light.

I don't think it is waterproof (doesn't state so anywhere).

Snozz

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
Unfortunately the temperature sensor is on the underside of the watch, and you have to take it off and leave it hanging in the air for 15mins to get a reading other than your wrist temperature. I also found it quite bulky and uncomfortable to wear, especially with sleaves.

The Barometer on a carabinar they do for a tenner is better I think.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
Unfortunately the temperature sensor is on the underside of the watch, and you have to take it off and leave it hanging in the air for 15mins to get a reading other than your wrist temperature. I also found it quite bulky and uncomfortable to wear, especially with sleaves.

The Barometer on a carabinar they do for a tenner is better I think.

got a link for that please ?

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I have had one for a couple of years now i guess - my only complaint as mentioned is the thermometer. What it needs is a way to reset / calibrate it....

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I've had the earlier model for a few years here too,
My one complaint is that teh glas is slightly domed and the face tends to catch every bright speck of light for miles around and reflect it along with the information on the screen - so I seem to spend ages angling it this way and that until can read everything on the display. Other than that, I can't fault its actual performance.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE