Terra Rosa Tyvek Tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
Hi All,
Recently picked up a tyvek hexagonal cat cut tarp from Terra Rosa, a relative newcomer on the custom gear block.

http://www.terrarosagear.com/

Evan (the owner) sewed it up and had it out to us within a week. I was initially skeptical about tyvek as a tarp fabric, as conventional thinking is that it is only water resistant. But Henry Shires Tarptents use it for some models and it has held up fine in heavy downpours.

The tarp is crazy light at 280grams including seamsealing and guylines. Considerably lighter than my silnylon tarp. Ultralight gear is a rarity in Australia, so I'm pleased that this has taken off.

I should note that I do know the owner, but am in no way affiliated with the company, just wanted to give a heads up on a new spin on ultralight gear.

Wentworth

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Have not used one, but some time back I inquired about them on the forum, and no one at that time seemed to know anything about them. Here in the u.s. it was and is used as a "house wrap" prior to putting on the siding. The biggest complaint I have heard is that it is unbearably noisy. also that it does not last long. I have heard that if you run them through a washing machine and dryer several times that get soft and quiet but are still water proof. As I have said, I have no first hand experience with one. Tyvek can be bought off of ebay by the yard in different widths. I think I would like to try some out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE