Terminally ill Sevylor Ranger, parts & Spares

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`ve got a major failing on one of the welded seams on my Sevylor Ranger so it`s going in the bin unfortunately. I`ve wasted £30 in various repair products which because of the location of the failure just haven`t been able to stop the rot so to speak. Maybe buying an inflatable second hand was a stupid idea in the first place, but I`ve only had one trip from it and it`s already getting retired :(

So the vinyl inner side tubes and base are going in the bin unless somebody wants it, just cover the p&p costs and it`s yours.

I have the canvas outer in good condition and both seats with their covers.

Looking to recover some of the brass I`ve wasted so wanting £40 + p&p

Also I have 2x Air Toolz 14" Air Hammer pumps, £7 each to your door.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sorry to hear about this Shewie:(
I hope it hasn't put an end to your paddling though. Saying that...you haven't got your BA/PFD up for sale, so that looks suspiciously like you have a plan perhaps?
Anyway;good luck with recovering some of your hard earned cash;)
all the best
Steve

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sorry to hear about this Shewie:(
I hope it hasn't put an end to your paddling though. Saying that...you haven't got your BA/PFD up for sale, so that looks suspiciously like you have a plan perhaps?
Anyway;good luck with recovering some of your hard earned cash;)
all the best
Steve

I`m still gonna be paddling I just need to convince SWMBO into letting me buy the Old Town Pack I want :)

I`ve got too many dry bags, paddles and books etc to just give it up. I just need to find somewhere to store a 12ft canoe then I`ll be sorted again.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Alternatively Rich, you could get a longer canoe ( 14' to 16' ) and start taking her with you. They're easier to get hold of too, than the reletively rare OT Pack.

Cheers, Michael.

I have thought about that Michael, I think I need to arrange a day out with her and see how it goes first though. We nearly had a day on Loch Tay last year but we ended up running late on a walk and didn`t bother in the end.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Hi there Rich,Ive got a old town disco sitting doing nothing at the mo.
If your ever up this way your more than welcome to borrow it.
Soloman.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
How did u get on with tear aid as it's advertised as being able to fix things like inflatables?

I got a pack of the type B WS but it can`t get a good enough purchase because of where the puncture is. One hole which started about 3mm long eventually got up to about 10cm :( then another two appeared a few inches further down.

I`ve been through a pack of the Sevylor stuff and the Tearaid and neither is up to it. The thing is I`ve no idea how old the boat is as I bought it off fleabay, it looks to me as though it`s been stored with plenty of sand in it and the seams have just weakened over time.

Gutted but a lesson learned me thinks.

EDIT:

I`m doubly gutted as I was tempted to get a Colorado like Andys` but ths has put me off inflatables now.

I'm sorry about that bud, and absoloutley gobsmacked tear aid doesn't work, contact them they claim it will. I bought it to repair airbags along seams in the canoe.

What about seyvlor? ~Tell them it's only a few years old and you'd expect more than this and see what they come up with.

Failing all that there's one heck of a lesson learned there, it's just bad luck bud.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I should think Tearaid is a really good product but it states in the instructions it needs 1" overlap on all sides of the tear/hole. That`s not a problem apart from one side where it can only get 1/4".

I think I`ll contact Sevylor though like you say, I`ve nothing to lose I suppose.

Just measured the hatch into the loft and I think I can just about squeeze an OT Pack up there :D

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
funny you should mention an old town pack i have one for sale 18 months-2 years old few bumps and scrapes nothing detrimental to its use just got my 3rd canoe and run out of room so one at least has to go.
ide have advertised it on here but im not a full member i may rectify that soon
ive sent you a pm gimme a shout if you want pics or anything its green btw :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE