Tent recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mutineer

Apr 30, 2013
Hampshire
Hi all,

I may be coming into a bit of money soon and I am desparate to buy a decent base camp/family tent. I am hoping to use it year round and be stove compatable. It will be used for my family but also as accommodation for travelling the country orienteering. The orienteering finds me in proper British weather year round. For example, a week this august in Inverness and a weekend in October In the lakes.
My first thoughts were the canvas bell tents but they don't seem rugged enough. Helsport seem to do very well priced kit which meet my requirements.
In brief, I hope to use the tent fully in this country and others with a comfortable birth of 4-6.
Any honest opinions are welcome. My budget was initially £1000 MAX but wise investments are just that.

Nick

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
I went for the Karma Canvas 5m bell tent. Nice but don't pack it away wet.

5mbell__73337.1405329391.1280.1280.jpg

My other big family tent is the Outwell Montana 6. I can vouch (from experience) that this tent can handle very bad weather....to the point where I was worried we were going to get blown away. All other campers had left the site due to the dire weather warnings. Not exactly bush craft but, nonetheless, a good tent. Got mine from Go Outdoors, when they had a deal on.

25120-231112145109667776292.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE