Tent dilemma

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I've been looking at the Coleman Avior X2 and X3, also the Vango Banshee 300, has anyone used either of these tents?

I sat in the Banshee where the headroom was about 2" above me head (100cm inner) which I don't mind, as long as I can sit up without touching the sheeting, I'm fine.

Then there's the Avior X3 which has a higher headroom and two entrances decisions, decisions.

I do have a tent that I can almost stand up in but I want something lighter.

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Hi Opal,
I have a Vango Banshee,and think its brill!!!!:D Lots of room for a small little tent and the 200 version fits into a side pocket of my 120 lt Burgan, can't say fairer than that!!!!:lmao:

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Simon, when sitting up inside the 200, is yer head clear of the tent? I sat in the 300 Banshee and my head was clear enough but I see the 200 is only 85cm high inside compared to the 300's 100cm height.

I'm no giant either.

jonnno

Forager
Mar 19, 2009
Belfast
I have a Vango Banshee 300 that I bought to take my son camping and I've only had it up in the garden as yet. (It has to have the inner pitched first.) It feels very cramped inside because the inner sags quite a bit but it gets good reviews all round and is really light. It also flaps alot in the wind but I think thats just the nature of tunnel tents. When I've managed to get a night away in it I'll post a better review.

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Hi all,
Iam 5ft 7 and the roof just clears my head when I site up. You can pitch it all in one or inner first and if you make sure you adjust the top and bottom guy lines it should be taught and not saggy!!! I camped out in the woods in my 200 a couple of weeks ago and its perfect/ good priced tent. I managed to get me and my 120ltr Bergun in with me, a little tight but its suppose to be a compact back packing tent!!! I love mine and it has a forest green fly sheet so you blend in nice!!! Hope this helps:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE