Ten point gt flex crossbow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
TENPOINT GT FLEX CROSSBOW

I love this crossbow and it's a very reluctant sale
When I started archery I shot a Trad bow, an American Flatbow, as a member of NFAS.
I had to give up on trad bows (my real love) as my damaged left hand and wrist started to suffer
I then had a go with compound bows, it was ok but even though I shot left handed the release still put too
much pressure on my left hand and wrist.

So then I tried Crossbows, sorted! :)

Why am I selling it then, well something I've been after for some time has now become available in the UK

but I need to raise the cash so here I am, unfortunately!
If I had the dosh, no way would I sell, but I don't so here I am.

This is one accurate bow and an absolute joy to shoot.

Compounds are smaller, faster and no doubt more powerful. But they can also be a pain in the proverbial, the
stresses they are put under mean you really have to keep on top of them, timing, cam wear,cable wear etc.

This reflex bow suffers non of those problems, pushes those bolts out at 295fps, just below the 300fps NFAS limit. And
is consistently accurate for much longer, just keep an eye on the brace height and your set to go.

I kid you not, when I'm on form, I can consistently hit a 9” crossbow target ball at 100yrds! And beyond
actually but the limit of my scope is 100yrds, plenty far enough.

It is in superb condition. See the pictures.
As you can see I've used my compound knowledge and fitted some vibration damping. In the riser and put
some “sorbothane”between the twin rails. It works because I keep hitting where I'm aiming. :) … Anything
that absorbs vibration has to be a good thing. It's improved the handling too, a tad more weight up front.

It comes with the bolts, the top ones are my "bang on" comp bolts. The ones below the Victorinox (which does

NOT come with it by the way) are practice/having fun bolts. Some blunts in there for distance stump
shooting, other wise you can't get them out! ... It has the retractable cocking aid also, nice bit of kit, easier to stow that a rope.

Sling also.

I'm afraid the fitted scope does NOT come with it.
The one on the floor behind it does. Not quite of the same quality but does the job fine.

Bag also comes with it. And I'm sure I have a spare string somewhere but will confirm that.

Oh and by the way this bow is light on strings, unlike an Excalibre bow I had for a short while that ate strings
for breakfast!

To back up my comments you're perfectly welcome to come and shoot it.

I will post but would have to detach the riser. It's designed to, but collection would be best. Unfortunately I
live in Wales (Dolgellau area) out of the way for many I'm sorry to say.

Anyhow after all my waffle …. £350.00 the lot … It's a very good deal for what's with it, check it out. ... Not sure on postage cost which would be additional, I'd have to work it out.

Any questions just fire away.

Sorry for the green tint, I illuminated with an LED flashlight.

_DSC6849.jpg _DSC6852.jpg_DSC6853.jpg_DSC6855.jpg_DSC6856.jpg

Last edited:

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
Tell you what, save you waiting, it's gotta be 15 quid, call it that and if its more, tough on me, if its less ill refund the diff.
If that's good for you, PM me.

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
I'd almost sold this bow but it fell through for a somewhat baffeling and tbh troubling reason that's quite upset me.

Anyway less of that, it's still for sale for now.
I may remove it from sale, not sure yet. The bow I bought has turned out not to be quite what I expected it to be.
I'll give it a chance and then decide but I have a feeling the new one will not be able to compete, you never know.
I've been wrong before and will no doubt be wrong again at some point! .... : -)

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
It turned out to be not so baffling after all, hopefully I've rectified/sorted the issue.
All my fault, and I hold my hands up! .... I'm always willing to admit if I've done something wrong. :)

Anyhow it's still here for a while yet.

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
No it's returned to baffling again. The member I thought could've possibly moaned was not the guy who's challenged my integrity.
He's a really nice chap as it happens, I'm not too bad at judging character, even from the way people write.
So I'm still in the dark.

I've never had anyone moan about me ever let alone warn off a potential buyer . I'm tenoctris on EBay, read my feed back !

Whoever it was come forward and PM me. If ive done something wrong ill hold up my hands and try to make it right. If it's some petty irritation then shame on you.

I'll leave sale post running for short time but I'm doubting anyone will purchase after reading this, and I wouldn't blame then one bit.

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
I'm withdrawing from sale sorry to anyone who may have been contemplating purchase.
Found a dedicated crossbow site that accepts adverts. He says this bow is rarer than hens teeth so should go quickly.

It's a pity the accuser didn't come forward, I'd have loved to know what his / her problem was, oh well! ...... I may start a separate thread on the matter, I can't be having this every time I want to sell something.

Anyway, thank you BCUK.

Nika

Forager
May 23, 2009
England
I have the GT FLEX about five years now, I think the problem might be the safety catch fault, there was a recall on some of these crossbows, and there is a test you can do to see if yours is affected, as for you not knowing I only found out by chance being a yank company us in the UK would not be in the know about this problem so easily.

Here is a link https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2015/tenpoint-crossbow-technologies-recalls-crossbows

There is a video on youtube that shows you how to checked your crossbow.

I am not the accuser as you put it, I guess someone just gave a heads up about the possible chance of a fault to a potential buyer I see no reason for it to be kept quite as it is your and others best interests to be aware of this.

As for the crossbow it really is a nice bit of kit I have the camo version and its top notch.

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
Hi Kimba.
Thank you for the reminder. Yes I remember that, I checked straight away I heard about it or got the notice, can't remember how I came to know tbh.
Did the test and mine was operating as it should. I can't remember exactly when I bought it
I think mine was the newer batch but I checked / tested anyway to be sure. I'm guessing mine's no more than 3 years old. I can find out, must have the receipt somewhere.

Yes it is a cracking bow, and if I'm honest I wont be to unhappy if it doesn't go. Not sure if the smaller more compact replacement I'm thinking of getting will end up being a mistake if I'm honest. .... It certainly won't beat it in terms of accuracy that's for sure!

Again thanks, I'll add that info to my new advert on another site.

No the accuser was moaning about my communication and something else, not a clue what. But it wasn't about the safety issue as far as I know, a simple question would've settled that concern, surely.

Cheers! ..... Sticks.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE