Tell me about Trangia Stoves!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
+1 on the Swedish Army Cookset. Best £15 I ever spent on gear. You simply can't go wrong by getting one. I've been on a mission to use it to death, and I'm convinced it will outlive me. It's easy, reliable and tough. The billy can be used over a fire, and with the burner, makes soup, stew and coffee. It's worth looking into.

bushcraft kid

Apr 7, 2015
England
add another to that list of the SAT (Swedish army trangia) £14 aluminium version delivered straight to your door from military mart and chances are even though its aluminium it wont get bent if the post man throws it over the gate , it's virtually indestructible :)
(although military mart sometimes isn't the best they can be the only supplier of them sometimes)

superc0ntra

Nomad
Sep 15, 2008
Sweden
The o-ring sealing the lid to the burner will eventually start leaking so if you don't have to conserve fuel just let it burn out.
The rest is a super stove, mine was run over by a car but was fixed with a hammer in minutes. (Note to self: Check behind car before pulling out)

kaizersoza

Trekking Troubador
Jan 12, 2014
Swansea
I use my trangia burner for picnics and as a back up stove for cooking, I wouldn't like to cook a meal on one though simply because the burn time doesn't last long enough, I always use it on hikes and it will easily brew a cuppa with some fuel left over, I will try and cook some 'Look What I Found' meals on it this weekend and film the results

Sep 5, 2015
Rotterdam NL
Hallo as a newbie I have recently got a Swedish army trangia next to my WW2 mess/canteen gear. Trangia is very good kit to work with only
I have got a metal after taste after brewing up coffee Is this damaging for health ? or a problem that can be solved with som sort of cleaning ?

thank you for replys to help me on my way 😊

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE