Telemark pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

01rstraker

Apr 30, 2020
North Tyneside
Hi,
I’ve got a canvas Telemark pack, I was wondering if anyone has had one and know of any of the ways to properly care for it and rewax and care for the leather straps etc.
Or if there was ever a manual military or otherwise for the upkeep of the pack and where I could find one?

thanks,
Rob.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Neats foot oil is a great way to restore and nourish the leather bits and is readily available from saddlers and places selling horse tack. I used it on my - admittedly nylon - Telemark pack and it's worked a treat.

Reactions: 01rstraker

01rstraker

Apr 30, 2020
North Tyneside
Neats foot oil is a great way to restore and nourish the leather bits and is readily available from saddlers and places selling horse tack. I used it on my - admittedly nylon - Telemark pack and it's worked a treat.
Thanks for the advice, I’ll look into that. I’ve heard natural wax is good as well, similar to boot waxes

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I've used neatsfoot oil a couple of times on the leather on mine and I can't say I've noticed significant darkening. It did remedy an annoying squeak from the harness bit and make it all a bit more supple, so seemed to work okay for me.

Reactions: 01rstraker

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE