Teddy Tours to "Sampsons Toe"

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Woke up today Monday to rain, gave it to dinner time then set off any way, parked by the 1st. cattle grid
on the Malham Tarn road above the village of Langcliffe Nr. Settle.
map-1.jpg

Set off in full waterproofs along the track to Upper Winskill."Sampson's Toe" is at the red X on the map
to the right of the track
SampsonsToe001.jpg

It's another Silurian greywacke sandstone from over in Crummackdale and with it sitting on a Limestone pedestal
is a proper Glacial Erratic
SampsonsToe003.jpg

Followed the track along to Catrigg Force to try and find somewhere out of the driving rain for dinner.
It was a little more sheltered in the wood
StainforthFosslookingattop.jpg

but being overcast the gloom made it hard to photograph
StainforthFosstop.jpg

If any one fancies owning this wood and waterfall it's for sale £25000
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/For-sale-Dales-landscape-that.5850826.jp
The above is the top waterfall but it was just too wet and gloomy to photo the middle and bottom falls.
The King of the Wood made me a brew
Kingofthewoodmakestea.jpg

With setting off in the Rain I took sandwiches from home, cold cut from yesterdays Pork Loin joint
which was rubbed with olive oil, slits made small garlic cloves pushed in then herbs Provence rubbed on
it was sat on slices of apple in a self basting roaster (dimples in lid) surrounded by small onions and leeks and baked in the oven.
Home made bread using Canadian wholewheat flour and cold pressed Rape seed oil.
Brew was made on a stainless Tatonka, using industrial meths, primed and lit with cooks blow torch
and sitting in a Heinz sponge pudding tin windshield pot support
teacloseup.jpg

It might have been wet but at least I managed another Tour
cheers all Danny

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cracking pics again Dan

I think Teddy's earnt a set of waterproofs though now fella :)

What camera are you using btw, you get some great detail in your images.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
It's a Canon A720 set at 3264 x 2448 then shrunk to 800 x 600 for photo bucket, but I havent figured it all out yet sometimes when I set landscape because it's a distance shot the red hand will come up but not if I switch to portrait and then takes an OK pic of the same shot ? I'll have to read the instructions.My camera before was/is an Olympus om1. it seems a con that you need a different set of lenses for a digital camera body to a roll film one -------cheers Danny

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE