Teddy Tours Simon's Seat

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Woke up this morning to 2" fresh snow and thick mist.Set off anyway and by the time I arrived at Barden Bridge it was promising a good day
1BardenBridge.jpg

followed the river Wharfe downstream as far as the Bradford water supply Aqueduct
2Aquaduct.jpg

where I turned left to go uphill soon passing where I presume they cut allot of the stone---Gritstone Maffia look away now
3Teddyholes.jpg

on the way up above the wood looking up Wharfedale to Burnsall
4lookingatBurnsal.jpg

getting near the top looking back on the way up
5thewayuplookingback.jpg

at the top SE 07877 59812
6teddyatthetopmenwith.jpg

over Teddys shoulder is Lord's seat and far right on the horizon are the "Golf Balls" of Menwith Hill with Harrogate in the background
7harrogatebigmenwith.jpg

just a tut further south is I think Ferrybridge power station on the horizon
8draxorferrybridge.jpg

and looking down on Parcevall Hall to the north
9lookingdownParcevallhall.jpg

Dinner was some of last nights home made chili and rice warmed up in a roasting bag then a brew made with the water with home made
Canadian (unbleached) white flour todays bar Stella served in a glass bottomed tankard and opened with a SAK farmer thats lived in my pocket
for the last 25+ years
dinner-1.jpg

another view up Wharfdale on the way back down
downthroughthewood.jpg

just thought I'd share -- cheers all Danny

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
as a climber i nearly cried seeing that gritstone with holes in it. looks like a properly nice area though mate nice pics

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Lovely photos, especially the golf balls.

Who is Simon of Simon's seat? St Simon of Cyrene or another?

Rob

bivouac

Forager
Jan 30, 2010
Three Counties
Wonderful stuff. I find myself scrolling down to find out what is for lunch first and then going back to the beginning to start the tour.

I once found a stowaway in my pack on a bivouac in the Carneddau, much to the amusement of my friends. I have no idea how a teddy bear got in there, but I stongly suspect my wife had something to do with it. We were doing the Welsh 3000's north to south, but the following morning one of the party slipped and twisted his ankle coming down Pen yr Ole Wen and the weekend seemed all but ruined. However, Teddy proved to be a great Leader of Men and suggested buying drinks all round at the nearest pub while we reviewed the situation at which point my friends ankle seemed to heal with almost mystical speed. We missed out the Glyders and, after forking out for several rounds of drinks, Teddy led us all to the top of Snowdon. Those were good days and my eyes are misty as I recall them.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE