Technology

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

springer5

Mar 9, 2010
Carmarthen, Wales
I have no doubt that the same type of acts being carried out now will still be carried out then.

For the same reasons!

And they will still be discussed...

You're probably right helixpteron, I expect they will, but at least we can try not to be a part of that reason.

There will always be bad people doing bad things, regardless or what decent folk do, but I think we all know which we'd rather be, surely ?

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Can I just say that I am late into this thread so if I repeat others' comments I apologise? It strikes me that to criticise the phone or its function that is part of that item on account of how it came into being is a bit illogical. Perhaps you should be criticising the manufacturers, governments and other organisations who have not made it difficult for these actions to occur. Not that anyone can do anything about it until the region becomes more stable and prosperous so its population does not allow such evil.

Anyway the mobile phone is doing so much to improve the lot of peoples especially in Africa. I remember seeing something else on TV about a small farmer in a very poor region where there were large buying companies who were able to fix the market price on what was grown. PLus there was larger farms who competed unfairly. All that sort of thing. There was a mobile phone network though and through this he had access to the internet and a NGO charitable information network that helped this simple farmer to imrpove his land and farming techniques to make him more efficient. Also to let him know the current,m true market prices so he wasn't ripped off. It meant he went from barely able to keep his family to actually being able to pay for a basic education for his kid. All through the phone.

My point is evil actions might have been part of the actions of those involved in the phone's production but that is such a very small part of it and the good created by far outweighs the evil IMHO.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
And there was I, thinking that bushcraft was about learning the skills used by our ancestors before technology had progressed beyond steel.
Ged is correct in thinking we should be collectively ashamed of our species but there is nothing anyone can do about people exploiting people to make money. Greed is always going to prevail.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE