Tarp vs Lavve vs Pup tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Hope you're happy with the new tent and get out and have fun.

If you contact DD directly, they sometimes have deals. I have saved some cash that way.

I rate their 3x3 tarp and use it most of the time. There are some useful YouTube videos on different pitches to start you off, then you can have fun with alternatives when you feel confident.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Somehow I seemed to have ordered a Lavvu as well as my tent,accidentally of course,at least that's what I'm telling missus!
Lavvu for me tent for kids!
Saving up for tarp

Buster the

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
So my tent arrived,was a bit concerned that it didn't match packaging wise the other backpacker tents I saw on the Internet but it seems genuine enough out if it's pack.
Two colour coded poles,pegs outer up first then inner,took about 10 mins and a semi divorce!
Two men would be pushing it a bit I think but two kids perfect,one man and pack perfect.
So I kipped in it last night,cheap roll mat and my czech bed roll (minus the liner,can't find the thing) and i was fine to start with but the temperature went down to 5 Celsius and i was freezing, multiple trips back to the house for extra layers and blankets and i eventually got some shut eye.
If you look at one of the pics there was water formed in the inner layer,i wasn't sure if it was condensation or because it's touching the outside layer?
So kids to camp next but it's going to be cold for them,anyone recommend some decent cheap sleeping bags for them? I'm going to chuck hot water bottles in for them as well.
My lovely mum has sourced me a 100% wool blanket in bright orange so I'm hiding that in the bed roll,she might have sourced me a military sleeping bag so hopefully my next night will be cos, my next night most likely being tge in the lavvu
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2t6wbssh6vza1l/DSC_0365.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftzprff6tv9fneh/DSC_0359.JPG?dl=0

Buster

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE